Go for the Gold and Silver for Grace
Thursday April 4 2- 4 pm
Saturday April 6 2 – 4 pm
Thursday April 11 2-4 pm
Saturday April 13 2 – 4 pm
This is a unique event .
Everyone has old, broken or unwanted jewelry, coins or silverware.
If you sell these items you will get a fraction of their value. By selling these items for their gold and silver content, you can then donate the proceeds from the appraisal to the church. You will receive a tax receipt that will be worth more to you than selling the items yourself.
You can chose to donate all, some or none of your proceeds to Grace.
How it Works:
- Gather up your broken or unwanted gold and silver items
- Bring your items to the church on the appropriate dates
- Your items will be evaluated based on their gold and silver content only
- These items will be sold by the appraiser, and you can then choose to donate some or all of the sale to the church and you will receive a receipt for the value of your donation to the church
Grace United Church will receive the money and your donation will be reflected on your 2024 tax receipt.
What your items might be worth:
|10k 20 gram broken chain
|10 silver dollars
14k 7 gram wedding band
|18 pieces of sterling flatware
Listing of items that can be donated or appraised:
- Gold coins
- Rings with or without stones
- Charm bracelets
- Brooches and bracelets
- Necklaces and pendants
- Antique Jewelry
- Anything made of gold or gold filled metal
- Sterling silver cutlery and serving pieces
- Silver dollars or Coin collections
- Trays, tea services, boxes, mugs etc.
- Anything made of silver
- Any watch new or old
- Pocket watches and watch chain
Items will be appraised by a trusted appraiser on site. Please note the appraisal will be based on the value of the gold or silver only. Your appraisal will be done in private, this is not a group event.
For information on this program or questions on the suitability of items to be donated, please contact: Doug Froom 905 634 7668 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Over the past 20 years after his retirement, Doug has completed 40 church fundraisers. He has raised a tremendous amount of money for the work of churches in the Burlington area and on three previous occasions, he provided this service for Grace.
We appreciate his efforts and his continued to support of Grace.